About Wolf Futons:
- Wolf has been in business since just after the Civil War. Wolf began their four generation business in 1873...that's more than 135 years in the mattress business!
- Wolf bakes the cake from scratch; they purchase the raw cotton in huge bales and then separate it, clean it, blend it, card it and garnet it...they control the process from beginning to end. In fact they actually sell cotton fiber fill to other companies in the futon business.
SUPERIOR COTTON BATTING
- Wolf cotton fibers used in their futon cushions are the longer "Linter Staples" ...many others use the less expensive and shorter grade cotton staples (fibers) which matt down and go flat over time. It takes more cotton to fill a futon using the shorter cotton staples. The result is that mattress using the shorter cotton fibers or staples weigh much more and make moving and converting of the futon mattress much more difficult. The longer cotton staples (fibers) also known as LINTERS resist setting much better than shorter "picker" fibers and they are lighter in weight and make for better resiliency, easier handling, and converting of the futon mattress...
5 INCH FOAM CORE
- The Wolf UltraSleep Plus futon mattress has a full 5 inch core of High Resiliency Polyurethane Foam. That's 1 inch more HR foam than their best selling USF3 futon mattress!
- Wolf's Full Border Shell is a 3-D sewing design of 7 oz. White Cotton Twill and a finished zippered closure for all WOLF covers which provide for a more tailored and finished look.