About Serta Futons:
- Serta Futon Mattresses are manufactured in Fort Wayne Indiana by Wolf Corporation.
- Wolf has been in business since just after the Civil War. Wolf began their four generation business in 1873...that's over 135 years in the mattress business!
- Wolf bakes the cake from scratch; they purchase the raw cotton in huge bales and then separate it, clean it, blend it, card it and garnet it...they control the process from beginning to end. In fact they actually sell cotton fiber fill to other companies in the futon business.
SUPERIOR COTTON BATTING
- Serta cotton fibers used in their futon cushions are the longer "Linter Staples" ...many others use the less expensive and shorter grade cotton staples (fibers) which matt down and go flat over time. It takes more cotton to fill a futon using the shorter cotton staples. The result is that mattress using the shorter cotton fibers or staples weigh much more and make moving and converting of the futon mattress much more difficult. The longer cotton staples (fibers) also known as LINTERS resist setting much better than shorter "picker" fibers and they are lighter in weight and make for better resiliency, easier handling, and converting of the futon mattress...
1 INCH LAYER OF VISCO MEMORY FOAM
- Visco elastic material allows the mattress to conform to your individual curves to relieve pressure points. Rather than sleeping on your side and feeling pressure on your shoulders, hips and knees, imagine laying on a perfect mold that supports all parts of your body. The pressure would be evenly distributed across your side rather than just on your shoulders, hips and knees.
1 INCH LAYER OF HR POLY-FOAM
- The Serta Redbud futon mattress has 1 inch of High Resiliency
- The Full Border Shell is a 3-D sewing design of 7 oz. Cotton Twill and a finished zippered closure for all Serta covers which provide for a more tailored and finished look.
312 CLOTH POCKETED COILS
- These individually cloth pocketed coils have been designed and manufactured by Wolf for maximum comfort and superior longevity.